Provencal Rose Mixed Case
Provencal Rose Mixed Case - Rose consumption has risen incredibly over recent years - led by rose from Provence - where imports to the UK rose 82% in volume last year alone.
Provençal rose gets its signature pale pink colour from the skins being kept in contact with the juice for a very short time, from a few hours to three days. A general rule of thumb is the darker the rosé, the longer the grape skins will have been in contact with the juice - and the more tannic and red wine-like the taste. Rosé from Provence, however, tends to be lighter in colour with fresh, clean fruit flavours and are really easy to drink with - or without food. It is generally made from a blend of grape varieties such as Grenache, Cinsault, Mouvedre and Syrah.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Domaine de la Vieille Tour, Cotes de Provence Rose - A classic Provence Rosé. Perfect pale pink and presented in an elegant clear tall bottle. There's plenty of lovely sweet fruit and attractive balance from the Grenache grapes. On the palate it is soft ripe and juicy, with plenty of depth and even a hint of tannins, and that "tang" so typical of Provence rosés on the finish.
- Chateau De L'Aumerade Cotes de Provence Rose Cuvee Marie Christine - Lovely pale pink in colour. The fresh nose is composed of citrus aromas such as orange and grapefruit complemented by a full,spicy and fleshy palate with refreshing acidity.
- M de Minuty Rose Cotes de Provence - A splendid, pleasurable wine. The Grenache and Cinsault blend form an aromatic harmony offering notes of peach and candied orange. The flavour is crisp and round on the palate.
- Mirabeau Cotes de Provence Rose - Rose-pink with wild strawberry, raspberry and redcurrant aromas, the palate offers a combination of ripe red fruits and zesty apple, with a decent amount of acidity that adds grip and texture.
- Cotes de Provence Rose Saint Roch-Les-Vignes - A pale salmon hue with notes of white peaches and lychees on the nose. Fresh and lively on the palate, fairly light in body, with a refreshing dry finish.
- Chateau de l'Aumerade Aumerade Style Cotes de Provence - Pale salmon colour, refreshingly fruity bouquet with delicate white spice and mineral flavours on the palate, through to an elegant finish.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles