The Malbec Mixed Case
The Malbec Mixed Case - The Argentine wine industry is now the fifth largest in the world due in recent years to a massive expansion in vineyard area and large scale investment in modern winemaking techniques. This country is truly a wine maker's paradise.
The star red grape is the truly sumptuous Malbec with its full-bodied, juicy, black-fruit flavours. Here in one case are six of our favourites.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Molinillo Malbec, Mendoza - This wine showcases the vibrancy of this wonderful grape variety from Mendoza. Lucid notes of violet and red berries give a fragrant, lifted nose. The palate is fine, with bright bramble fruit characters and a silky finish.
- Nieto Senetiner Malbec - A deeply-coloured, with great concentration of berry fruit. Complex flavours of plums, figs, and dried fruit with a smoky vanilla character. Juicy fruit and great balance on the finish.
- Benjamin Malbec, Mendoza - Purple red in color, bright and intense. Fresh fruity aromas of plum and cherry. Balanced in the mouth, with a pleasant finish.
- Pablo Y Walter Malbec - A celebration of Mendoza - the colour, culture and flavour and a celebration of friendship. A really pure expression of Malbec, bright red & juicy, rich chocolate flavours with a lick of oak to round out the edges.
- Turno de Noche Malbec - Just awarded a gold medal at the 2018 Sommelier Wine Awards (SWA) plus a 'By the Glass' Trophy, this Malbec from Argentina is an extremely alluring wine. The SWA judges praised the wine's:
"cherry scents, tannin grip and nice acidity" plus its "warm, ripe aromas of berry and cherry, ... red and black fruit with some peppery tannins, and leading to a well-balanced finish".
- Tilia Malbec - This wine has the typical deep, dark violet color of Argentine Malbec. The nose offers intense aromas of black stone fruit interwoven with notes of chocolate and sweet spice. Balanced acidity leads into a long, velvety finish.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles