The Malbec Mixed Case
The Malbec Mixed Case - The Argentine wine industry is now the fifth largest in the world due in recent years to a massive expansion in vineyard area and large scale investment in modern winemaking techniques. This country is truly a wine maker's paradise.
The star red grape is the truly sumptuous Malbec with its full-bodied, juicy, black-fruit flavours. Here in one case are six of our favourites.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- La Posta Pizzella Malbec - Red, purple colour with aromas of black cherries, dark fruits, dark chocolate and baker’s spice. On the palate, the wine shows dense dark berry and plum flavours, along with hints of sandalwood and spice, and even some violets in the finish.
Pablo Y Walter Malbec - A celebration of Mendoza - the colour, culture and flavour and a celebration of friendship. A really pure expression of Malbec, bright red & juicy, rich chocolate flavours with a lick of oak to round out the edges.
- Dona Paula, Estate Malbec - Intense violet in colour, this estate Malbec has enticing aromas of plums, black cherries, liquorice and spice, backed by subtle mineral and graphite notes. Great balance and freshness on the palate, with a deep concentration of ripe fruit, soft tannins and a persistent finish.
- Catena La Consulta Appellation Malbec - The Catena Malbec Appellation La Consulta shows a dark violet colour with deep purple tones. The nose offers aromas like red fruit and ripe, concentrated dark berries with fresh herbs and floral notes like lavender and violets, some traces of vanilla and tobacco. The mouthfeel is rich, with raspberries and blueberries, spices notes and a touch of mocha. The finish presents soft and well-structured tannins with bright, crisp acidity that gives the wine exceptional length.
- Turno de Noche Malbec - The wine has a bright, lifted nose with freshly picked black berry fruits seamlessly dovetailing with expressive violet notes. The palate is juicy but balanced. Ripe berry fruits are abundant, whilst gentle spice adds dimension. It's weighty with soft, gentle tannins and an enduring fruit charged finish.
- Nieto Senetiner Malbec - This is without doubt our biggest selling Argentinian red. A really elegant version of Argentina's most recognised grape variety. It is possibly even juicier, fresh-ier and tastier than ever!
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles