The Malbec Mixed Case
The Malbec Mixed Case - The Argentine wine industry is now the fifth largest in the world due in recent years to a massive expansion in vineyard area and large scale investment in modern winemaking techniques. This country is truly a wine maker's paradise.
The star red grape is the truly sumptuous Malbec with its full-bodied, juicy, black-fruit flavours. Here in one case are six of our favourites.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- El Camino Mendoza Malbec, Mendoza - This wine showcases the vibrancy of this wonderful grape variety from Mendoza. Lucid notes of violet and red berries give a fragrant, lifted nose. The palate is fine, with bright bramble fruit characters and a silky finish.
- Argento Malbec Mendoza Argentina - This superb Malbec is deep purple in colour and offers powerful aromas of black stone fruit and floral notes. Juicy flavours of plum and blackberry, with a touch of chocolate and vanilla from oak ageing, lead into a long lingering finish with ripe velvety tannins.
- 1884 Malbec Reserve Escorihuela Gascon - This estate grown Malbec has a vibrant purple red colour, with concentrated blackberry aromas with hints of vanilla. It has rich fruit flavours with a touch of sweet oak.
- Pablo Y Walter Malbec - A celebration of Mendoza - the colour, culture and flavour and a celebration of friendship. A really pure expression of Malbec, bright red & juicy, rich chocolate flavours with a lick of oak to round out the edges.
- Turno de Noche Malbec - Just awarded a gold medal at the 2018 Sommelier Wine Awards (SWA) plus a 'By the Glass' Trophy, this Malbec from Argentina is an extremely alluring wine. The SWA judges praised the wine's:
"cherry scents, tannin grip and nice acidity" plus its "warm, ripe aromas of berry and cherry, ... red and black fruit with some peppery tannins, and leading to a well-balanced finish".
- Porteno Malbec Bodega Norton - Rich dusky red in colour. Sweet and spacious aromas reminding of black pepper. Fruity on the palate, with sweet and harmonious tannins. Perfect with food.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles