The Malbec Mixed Case
The Malbec Mixed Case - The Argentine wine industry is now the fifth largest in the world due in recent years to a massive expansion in vineyard area and large scale investment in modern winemaking techniques. This country is truly a wine maker's paradise.
The star red grape is the truly sumptuous Malbec with its full-bodied, juicy, black-fruit flavours. Here in one case are six of our favourites.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Nieto Senetiner Malbec - This is without doubt our biggest selling Argentinian red. A really elegant version of Argentina's most recognised grape variety. A deeply-coloured, with great concentration of berry fruit. Complex flavours of plums, figs, and dried fruit with a smoky vanilla character. Juicy fruit and great balance on the finish.
- Andeluna 1300 Malbec - Aromas of diverse fruit and flowers, with notes of dulce de leche, vanilla, chocolate given by its ageing in oak barrels. Smooth attack in the mouth, typical of this variety. Balanced, full bodied with soft tannins.
- Nieto Don Nicanor Malbec - A lush and brilliantly intense Malbec, with a rich full palate of black fruit flavours, hints of spice and black pepper and a long intense pure fruit finish.
- Finca La Colonia Malbec - This wine has sweet and spicy aromas, reminiscent of black pepper with lovely ripe red fruit on the palate and a really smooth texture.
- Catena Malbec, Bodega Catena Zapata - This is rich and lush, with concentrated black cherry and red currant fruit flavours layered with sweet spices and tobacco.
- Oscuro Mendoza Malbec - Pure, juicy flavours of plum and blackberry, with a hint of chocolate and vanilla from the oak ageing. It has a long, lingering and elegant finish.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles