The Best Of English Wine Mixed Case
Stock available: one six bottle case
The Best Of English Wine Mixed Case - While English weather is having its time in the sun, English wines have been growing from strength to strength. Whites are the best known of English wines and there are growing numbers of producers now making whites from cool climate French varieties, like pinot gris, pinot blanc and chardonnay.
Here in one case our six of our favourite English wines from six different vineyards in the South of England - modern, zippy and fresh English wines perfect for summer drinking.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Sharpham Estate Dart Valley Reserve, SOUTH DEVON - Fresh elderflower and meadow aromas are abundant on the nose with hints of peach and apple fruit. The palate is off dry with gorgeous ripe stone fruit flavours and pleasingly, gentle well-balanced acidity. The finish is clean, long and incredibly more-ish.
- Henners Native Grape Chardonnay, EAST SUSSEX - Clean and elegant with crunchy green apple and lemon fruit, and a long mineral finish. The 2018 vintage in England was nearly perfect with the long, warm and dry summer offering ideal conditions for growing grapes.
- Denbies Stepping Stone White England, SURREY - The wine displays sweet orange zest character with a racey lime and long finish. The vineyard is situated next to Box Hill and near the iconic stepping stones, which the wines are named after.
- New Hall Vineyards Bacchus Reserve, Essex - Pale lemon in colour with lime, apples and gentle floral notes with just a dash of cinnamon. Off dry, with a slight spritz and a fresh acidity, the palate is perfectly balanced with a layered depth of rounded fruit and an attractive minerality.
- Sharpham Estate Pinot Gris, SOUTH DEVON - The nose has vibrant green citrus and sour nectarine. The palate is bursting with more sour stone fruit, a soft texture from the skin contact, a taught and grapefruit like acidity with a touch of spice on the mid palate.
- Ridgeview Bloomsbury Brut NV, West Sussex - A light golden colour. Citrus fruit aromas with hints of melon and honey. Chardonnay dominance brings finesse, along with crisp freshness. The Pinots add depth and character leading to a beautifully balanced finish. Will age gracefully over time as the Chardonnay matures. A world-class sparkling wine producer in England’s South Downs, run by winemaker Simon Roberts and his sister Tamara.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles