Some Young Punks Mixed Case
Some Young Punks Mixed Case - Six bottles of iconic Australian wine - All wines made by Punks winemaker Colin McBryde. Featuring Some Young Punks’ more experimental cousin VineMind his latest project.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Vinemind Shiraz Malbec - The latest project from Col McBryde of Some Young Punks and Adelina fame. This classy blend comes from fruit grown in two vineyards in the Claire Valley region of South Australia.
- Passion Has Red Lips, Shiraz/Cabernet - A rich mouthful of lip-smacking, sensuously structured Clare Shiraz and McLaren Cabernet, it's Punks best vintage to date. Though it's quite a 'pretty' winte, it has an electrifying vibrant nose of ripe red cherry, cranberry, black fruit, aromatic smoke, vanilla and violets lead to a concentrated palate of cranberry and sour cherries, with more savoury flavours of black tapenade, herbs and a hint of tobacco.
- VineMind Riesling - Made with 100% Clare Valley fruit. The VineMind Riesling is inspired by the wines of Rheinhessen. The wine rests in concrete after production, to encourage a calcite and textured back palate, which is finished with a lick of lemon zest.
- Naked on Roller Skates – A Shiraz/Mataro to die for... this nakedly ambitious blend rolls with delight. Expressive notes of musk, violets and charcuterie meats. The palate is dense with black fruits, a little quince and juniper spice.
- Quickie Sauvignon Blanc - Generous, up front and fruity with more crispness and minerality than is all too often lacking in Australian Sauvignons. None of the sweatiness but plenty of grip and liveliness on the tight finish.
- The Squid's Fist, Sangiovese/Shiraz - Academic principles of winemaking blended with a belief in keeping wine making as natural as possible. The black attack of shiraz is cleverly enveloped in sangiovese’s savoury limbs in this triumphantly loose-limbed libation. Sour cherries, plums and sweet spices lead to a light silky mouth feel, with firm tannins, raspberries and a pinch of black pepper. The wine is vivacious and fresh with hints of smoke and tar.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles