Easy-drinking & Approachable New Wave Reds Mixed Case
Easy-drinking and Approachable New Wave Reds Mixed Case - This sumptuous mixed case showcases six of our new approachable, distinctive and ever so easy-to-drink red wines. All are made to drink upon release, so no need for ageing here.
These specially selected hand-picked wines offer great value and are all wine rack essentials.
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Peculiar Mr Pat Merlot, South Eastern Australia - Bright, plush, deeply tasty Merlot from Riverland vineyards. This is abundant in freshly picked red fruit with a soft tannic profile and a long, moreish finish. This wine can be enjoyed with a wide range of meat dishes, and minimal winemaking intervention means that this wine can also be enjoyed, guilt-free by Pescatarians, Vegetarians and Vegans!
- Strange Bru Ruby Cabernet Swartland, South Africa - Ruby Cabernet's parentage comes through in its leafy Cabernet Sauvignon nose, but the palate is driven by an earthier relative - Carignan. This is a mouthful of crushed rubies, at once dark and glittering with cassis and minerals. The finish is powerful, savoury and darkly rich.
- Lucha Rocosa Carignan, Central Valley, Chile - Made with Carignan grapes from unirrigated vineyards nestled into Curico's coastal mountains. Blended with 15% Grenache to flesh out the Carignan and give it some juiciness. Lovely purity of blackberry and mulberry fruit. It has a long, fresh finish leaving you wanting more!
- Baron de Poce Pinot Noir Vin de France - Smooth and supple Pinot Noir bursting with juicy berry fruit flavours. Well-balanced with a hint of warm spice and a soft yet fresh finish. Made by Pierre Chainier, who own the largest vineyard holdings in Touraine, solely from Pinot Noir grown on limestone soils in the cooler area to the east of Touraine. Grapes are destemmed before pressing in the modern winery in Amboise. This lighter style of Pinot would work with charcuterie, paté or goats cheese.
- Château de Campuget 'Invitation Red', Costières de Nîmes, France - A full, rich and complex nose with notes of raspberry and cassis and an enticing smoky character. On the palate, the wine is round and velvety with generous blackberry fruit flavours which are sustained throughout.
- The Bird Malbec Showdown California USA - Plush, blueberry fruited, violet scented Malbec from California’s central valley. Juicy and full bodied, with plenty of blackcurrant and blueberry fruit, velvety tannis and great freshness.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles