Bodegas Juan Gil Mixed Case
Bodegas Juan Gil Mixed Case - A case of powerful reds from the masters of Jumilla Monastrell.
Bodegas Juan Gil have been producers in Jumilla and Calatayud, southeastern Spain since the early 20th century and are most famous for their richly flavoured, concentrated reds made from the monastrell grape. While known more widely as mourvèdre in France, the grape is in fact native to this region. Discover for yourself the power of old vines and new technology. These six wines are rich, lush, multi-layered and packed with flavour. ‘Honoro Vera’ is the lightest and the ‘Silver Label’ the heaviest'
This six bottle case contains one bottle of each of the following six wines:
- Juan Gil Yellow Label Monastrell (4 Meses) - The nose has rich plum and blackcurrant pastille characters, with delicate vanilla spice and cedar. The palate is ripe, smooth and opulent with layers of pure blackcurrant, juicy blackberry, lush spicy plum and cherry fruit, minerality and fine tannins on the finish.
- Juan Gil Silver Label Monastrell (12 Meses) - Powerful aromas of baked strawberry, blackberry and a hint of chocolate. Spice and cedar are layered with juicy ripe plum. Full, ripe fruit and supple tannins balanced by fresh acidity. A complex wine with great appeal, concentration and length.
- Juan Gil Petit Verdot - An intense, layered, inky and powerful red from Jumilla. Dense, vibrant and youthful in appearance, with well-integrated characters. The wine is beautifully perfumed, with violets, cherries, red berries and gentle vanilla oak notes. The palate has a fresh burst of blackcurrant followed by a delicious ripe blueberry character. Tannins are poised, building to the finish, where there are hints of liquorice.
- Honoro Vera Organic Monastrell [organic] - Ripe, opulent, classic southern Spanish Monastrell from Juan Gil's organic vineyards. Complex nose of ripe plums and rich red fruit, combined with liquorice and fig characters. On the palate the wine is generous, rich and spicy - weighty with a good concentration of red and black fruit flavours, fine tannins, and fresh acidity on the finish.
- Honoro Vera Garnacha, Calatayud - This exudes intense aromas of sweet cherries and dark plums with an exotic spicy finish reminiscent of white pepper.
- Pedrera Monastrell - A full-flavoured unoaked Monastrell - capturing the essence of Jumilla! Appealing aromas of dark red cherry and ripe plum. A bright, fruit-forward style with plush bramble, plum and mocha characters, wrapped up in smooth, rounded tannins.
Sold in cases of six mixed bottles